Get ready to neti!
WHY A NETI POT IS GOOD FOR YOUR SINUSES
Essentially, you're washing out your nose. What collects in your nose? Lots of stuff your body is trying to keep out of your lungs. Here are some benefits you might experience as a result:
- Neti helps to drain the sinus cavities. This, in turn, will help the body's natural mechanisms against nasal infections such as hay fever, allergies, sinusitis and other upper respiratory complaints like sore throats and coughs, post nasal drip, inflammation of tonsils and adenoids.
- It is beneficial for illnesses such as asthma and bronchitis as it reduces the tendency for mouth breathing by freeing the nostrils of mucus.
- It has a cooling and soothing effect on the brain by drawing out excessive heat, and is therefore beneficial for headaches, migraine, epilepsy, and general mental tension.
- Neti is of great benefit for problems associated with the eyes. It helps flush the tear ducts (even though the water is NOT poured in or near the eyes), encouraging clearer vision and gives a sparkle to the eyes.
- It can be beneficial for certain types of ear disorders such as middle ear infections, glue ear, tinnitus.
- Neti improves sensitivity of the olfactory nerves, helping to restore lost sense of smell, and thereby benefits the relationship with taste and digestive processes.
- It helps to stimulate better powers of visualization and concentration and gives a feeling of lightness and clarity to the mind.